This year was one for the record books. I ended a marriage of 19 years. I bought a house. I made friends. I challenged myself personally and professionally. There were some rocky times and there were some really good times. I am profoundly grateful for all the good things that came my way.
When I make a list of New Years Resolutions, I am always a little afraid of the list turning in a wish list of stuff I hope happens rather than stuff I am going to make happen. Actually it doesn’t work all that well when I try to make things happen… perhaps I will just say that these are thing things I am going to try to work for everyday and if what I want to happens does happen, great. However, usually whatever happens is more or better than I could have planned for.
That being said, in 2010 I am going to work towards:
- Going out on a date.
- Having friends over more often, doing more with friends, being a better friend.
- Getting back on the exercise beam, be it hiking, walking, running, biking, or some combination thereof.
- Getting back to my goal weight.
- Being more grateful.
- Being less critical.
- Being more open.
- Reading more.
- Taking a slightly more organized approach to life and getting things done.
- Doing the things I least want to do first so I can enjoy the rest.
- Paying it back and paying it forward.