12 December 2009

a bad week, now time to get things done

The weekend has arrived, I am sitting here drinking coffee and watching Castle on abc.com. The dryer is running in the other room which I can hear every now and then over the headphones.
It's been a bit of a crap week, partly because of shenanigans at work, partly because of the holidays, partly because of divorce residue, and partly because when I get stressed I tend to make everything worse by procrastinating and avoiding things that need to be done. It's really annoying and counterintuitive that I would ever develop a coping strategy that is almost guaranteed to make everything worse.
But the weekend has arrived and it is time to mash the great big reset button in the middle of my dashboard, which in this case is going to working most of the weekend. Once I finish my coffee and watching Castle, I am going to get started... and report back my progress at the end of day.

1 comment:

Fireflyoftheearth said...

Oh *hugs*. I totally know how this goes... only for me it's anger. I simply don't know how to deal with it when it's overwhelming alluvasudden.

Yay for coffee and some good TV. I hope next week is better for you.