05 April 2011

windy night

A big storm rolled in about 11:30 PM. After it blew through the rest of the night was punctuated by random gusts of heavy wind. I wasn't particularly grateful a year ago when I moved into my new house that the first thing my home owners insurance company did was to make me take down an huge, menacing, and mostly dead tree. But after a night like last night, I gotta say, it was a relief knowing that tree wasn't in the front yard.

It was odd. The heavy winds woke me several times during the night, but I awoke feeling particularly refreshed, and even, optimistic. I cannot help but think that the somehow blew some cobwebs out of my mind and spirit. It feels good.

After talking to a coworker yesterday, I decided to get back on the MARTA wagon, or more literally the MARTA train. This time around however, I am not going to catch the bus in front of my house, I am going to drive the few miles down the road to the Inman Park Station. This should cut at least a half hour to forty five minutes off the MARTA only option.

My reward to myself once I get back in shape and lose the excess weight that I am carrying around is to buy a fixed gear bike and use it to get between my house and the train station and on the other end, between the Dunwoody Station and my job.

I did stop by Starbucks to have a latte, surf the Internet, and get a little work done. It's a decent walk from Starbucks to the office. The broken little toe is much better, although still tender. I have become considerably more careful walking around my house, particularly in the dark. I expect this to last for a little while before I forget how painful a broken toe is anyway. 

No comments: