22 February 2010

Day 53 2010

Sunday started with Starbucks and the usual suspects, and stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up somethings I had forgotten the day before. I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast with fresh blueberries. I love my blueberry.

I went with some friends to Grady Hospital to visit a friend who has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. We visited for almost an hour. I was grateful that I was able to go and support him in some small way. It brought up a lot of stuff for me from my own history with cancer, to my ability to be a good friend to others, and to how I want others to be a part of my life, even if I feel that I am not really very good at it yet.

Yesterday afternoon mom inspired me to see if cleaning a window would make the house cleaner. I got the window clean, but also ended up talking to my neighbor Mike for about an hour. When I was done, I discovered that mom was right, having that window clean and smudge free did indeed make the entire house look better.

I finished the evening by watching State of Play. It was a good movie even though I had this strange feeling that I had seen it before, even though I hadn't.

Lots of changes at work this week. This morning it seems almost ominous that it is starting with a four in the morning thunderstorm complete with thunder and lightning. I have five new people on my team this week and it's going to be a challenge.

No comments: