25 January 2010

Day 24 2010

It was a rainy drizzly Sunday. After meeting with friends for coffee, I did my grocery shopping at Trader Joe's and picked up a couple of things from Kroger. I watched part of Moon which was better than I thought it would be. I am usually wary of movies with very small casts. In the afternoon I went with V to a pet memorial service put on by Paws Whiskers and Wags for their clients. V's dog Daisy died very suddenly and unexpectedly a few months ago. I wasn't my first choice about how to spend a  lazy Sunday afternoon, but I am glad I went.

On the way back from the memorial it came a gullywasher, I almost could not see well enough to drive, but I did make it home okay. About that time I realized I had a cold coming on. The back of my throat was started to get all scratchy and my nose was starting to run. I don't have time to be sick. I really don't. The rest of the day was spent finishing up laundry, making chili, and curling up on the couch watching football. I really kind of failed on the watching football part. Between games, I finished watching Moon which I give a thumbs up rating, not the greatest movie, but interesting.) The late game, which I had intended to focus on, ended up putting me to sleep. The scores kept changing without any plays being run. Or one team would be driving and suddenly the other team would have the ball for some inexplicable reason. Finally I just gave up and took my sick self to bed where I slept like a rock. Evidently I was exhausted.

No comments: